Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

The Arboretum at Penn State(#3)

Until Monday, I did not have a good idea about the Arboretum. I had heard about at times, but had never seen it and never looked into it in depth. I had an idea about where it was located, but I wasn't even sure about the location. If I had not gone with my class, I probably wouldn't have gone  any time soon.

However, it was a great experience. I wouldn't say I'm exactly a nature-lover because I don't actively pursue experiences with nature, but I do admire the beauty of it and the awe that can sometimes come over you when looking at mountains, expansive lands, or sometimes even a simple flower or plant. The Arboretum is a place just for such a thing because it integrates all the things that can be great or beautiful in nature and places them in one place. It is very nice and relaxing place to just walk around. I could imagine myself coming back and walking around and simply enjoying it all, but I don't think I would bring friends. For me, this would be a place to spend by myself, with my own thoughts, and contemplate what I am seeing. With all the varieties, I know I missed many things, so going again would be a new experience to search for things that I didn't take notice of the first time.

The Arboretum is a great experience because you have the chance to see things that aren't common everywhere, and you see them all in one place. At the Arboretum, a person will see many different varieties of flowers, such as sunflowers. A person will see trees and plants growing all over the place and can be from the sides or above. All the plants come with a sign telling you what it is and also its scientific name. It just doesn't stop at flowers, however, because there are other things such as a pond and the plant life that is in the pond. You would also see a big fountains that overlooks land below the Arboretum and that leads directly into the garden. The place itself will lead you in different circles, so the visitor will be able to see all over the garden and possibly from different sides. The multitude of different plants that surround the visitor will show you how vast everything is and that this isn't close to being complete. It shows the great variety of life that exists all around people that we may never notice.

The Arboretum is can astound with all the varieties of plant life that it has in store for the visitor. It has so many things that you can just contemplate, look at, and enjoy. It is a great place to enjoy nature and all the life that is situated around us. It is a beautiful place to visit and walk around, or simply sit and watch the multitude that surrounds you.  Even if you are not a nature-lover, everyone should be able to enjoy the Arboretum.

1 comment: